Knock your socks off Paleo Banana Brownie Cups

So it has been a while since I have blogged. Back in August I received a promotion at work and I have been busy ever since. I have taken a couple trips, one to Kelowna for my friends Craig & Julie's wedding and to NYC to support my boyfriend and his client who ran the marathon. 

Since working late hours, more lately especially, I get home and need to find a way to get my mind off of work and NOT dream about it, which I have been doing a lot of lately! Last night I got to chat with my sister on the phone for an hour which was awesome because I don't make phone calls that much anymore, cooked breakfast for dinner, then baked!

I have made this recipe a number of times already, and even for our bake sale at work recently where they sold out! The recipe originally calls for pumpkin puree, but I decided to switch it up and try banana puree instead and decrease the sweetness. The original recipe which is delicious can be found here. This is super easy to make and if you are too lazy to pour the batter in individual muffin cups, you can just grease a square pan, pour in, smooth out and bake! 


Rating: Easy Peasy
Taste Rating: Yummy


1 cup almond butter
1 cup of mashed bananas (approx 3 bananas)
1 egg
1/4 cup of maple syrup
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp of baking soda
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 tbsp of coconut oil
½ cup dark chocolate chips (preferably dairy free)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix all the ingredients together in a medium sized bowl, until well incorporated and smooth. 
Pour the batter evenly into lined baby muffin tins. 
Bake for 22 minutes.  Let the brownies cool and enjoy! 
Can be kept in the fridge for up to a week

1 comment: