Paleo Bread (that is bread without the use of grains)


I love, love, love this bread recipe! I started eating Paleo mid February, and as part of the diet, I had to give up all grains. I didn't each much bread before, but sometimes I like to have a slice with a breakfast. I found this recipe from Elena’sPantry called Bread 2.0. I know this recipe is good because my boyfriend loves it.

It’s easy to make, it toasts well, and is also great as part of an open faced sandwich. I changed the recipe ever so slightly but it tastes the exact same way!

Dry ingredients
1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
¾ cup arrowroot powder or tapioca starch
¼ cup golden flaxmeal or ground chia seeds
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda

Wet ingredients
4 eggs
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

Directions

In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.

In a smaller bowl, whip eggs 3-5 minutes until nice and frothy

Mix honey and vinegar into eggs

Mix dry ingredients into wet and stir well

Scoop batter into a loaf pan (you can buy a 4 pack of disposable loaf pans at Loblaws/No Frills for $2.50). I don't grease the pan.

Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean

Cool a bit and then pop out the loaf pan by gently running a knife around the edges to loosen it up. I usually slice it then cool it overnight before wrapping it with paper towel and aluminum foil. 

Store in the fridge for up to a week...but it won't likely last that long :)

Makes 1 medium sized loaf


No comments:

Post a Comment