15 Reasons to Exercise (and why to keep reminding yourself)


Earlier this week I came across a blog post called 15 Reasons to Exercise. After I read it, I really wanted to share it with my readers because it is that time of the year when a lot of people fall off the band wagon or have not been on it for a while.
 
New Years is long gone meaning most of our resolutions followed suit, Summer is over so we are now allowed to 'cover' up our bodies, Thanksgiving has passed which left most of us feeling gluttonous yet fully satisfied, and Christmas is just around the corner, which takes Thanksgiving dinners to another level. What does all this mean? It is an up and down roller coaster that we are constantly playing with our bodies to make up for all the bad, with a little bit of good.

However, this is not the way to go. It should be the other way around, do your body good with exercising regularly, and allow yourself to indulge every once in a while, without the guilt.

 For the first time in my life, I have been exercising regularly, despite the numerous running injuries I have encountered. Why? Because if I go more than two days without exercise, I feel sluggish, I get bored, and I honestly feel that my body craves it. I am not trying to brag about it by any means, but the feelings that I get without exercise actually happen, and I want you to feel that too!!

Another reason that I exercise is something that most people don’t think about. In our society we are all about instant gratification. If it takes longer than 2 seconds for Google to give back a search result, we get slightly frustrated.

Obviously we know that exercise makes us look good, but that is inevitable if you maintain a balanced diet, and exercise on the regular. I am looking down the road to my future. When I get into my 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, and 70+ (fingers crossed), I want to be able to keep up with my kids, and with my own life. I have been to numerous running races, triathlons/duathlons and see the older generation kicking ass in these races. I want to kick ass one day J I know that is an extreme example, but at the end of the day I would love to just be able to be fully capable of myself, and enjoy retirement when that time comes.

So take the time to read this blog post 15 Reasons to Exercise and take it for what it is. Keep the list aside or right in front of your face, and refer to it when you feel like you are falling off. If you have any reasons/tips/motivations on what keeps you going, please comment below.

To end off, I want to leave you with one saying that my boyfriend always says, “You get out of it what you put in.”

Shameen

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post. I totally want to be a marathon running granny. OK, that's extreme, but I hear you on wanting to be active well into my old age. Look at Ed Whitlock. He is honestly my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing goal Miranda, and it is totally possible! Taking time and being persistent with your goals is definitely the way to get there.

    ReplyDelete