Welcome to Eat, Live, and Love Life


Welcome to my new blog Eat, Live, and Love Life! Before starting this blog, myself and another writer were blogging for Nike in Toronto about our journeys to our first half marathon. It unfortunately ended after 14 months when Nike wanted to make changes to the approach of the blog. It definitely was a sad day, however I, as much as the next person knows that good things always come to an end. BUT, I do believe the next best thing is waiting.

With all new endeavours, it has to start somewhere, and it always comes with a purpose. My purpose is to share my experiences and research on eating healthy and help you be more aware of what food is out there to help living a long, loving, healthy life. And every so often, I will blog about the next important thing next to eating which is exercise.

If you want to learn a little about me, I recommend you check out my biography. If you want to learn more about what I will be writing in my blog, please read on J


Eat
One of the hardest things about eating is separating the bullshit from the truth (pardon my language). We live in a society with a crap load of processed foods that we think are healthy, that we think are doing our bodies good, but in actual fact, most of it is a scientific concoction to expand our waistlines, increase our chances of getting diseases, and to pad the bank accounts of those behind the products.

I truly believe in a whole foods diet, full of vegetables and fruit that will keep us healthy, and help us enjoy a long healthy, happy life, not a long, unhealthy, somewhat happy life.

Live
While obtaining my Chartered Accountant (CA) designation, I went through NOT having a work/life balance. When I had free time to spend on myself, I didn't know what to do. I didn’t have interests and hobbies that would keep me productive outside of work. When I refer to live, it is above and beyond the time you spend with friends and family. I believe we should make time for them no matter what. I am talking about doing productive things that will help you grow as a person. A blog post I wrote for Nike that I am going to repost here is about finding your passion. Think about it, do you have a passion?



Love
Do you love yourself right now, in this moment, and are happy with your current situation? If you don’t, what can you do to bring yourself to that level? When you explain how you love yourself, it can’t go, “I love myself, but…”
Exercise
Exercise is important. Why? It keeps you strong from the inside and out. Cardio builds the strength of your heart, weights build the strength of your bones and muscle. One cannot be done without the other. If you want a fit, lean body, you have to do both. Exercise just makes you feel awesome and adds to the longevity of life. When was the last time you heard someone say, “That workout made me feel like crap” (maybe if you puke during it, but there is a sick sense of achievement in that because you know you worked really hard).

 


I look forward to writing this blog for you and for myself. This blog will help me focus on my passion, while teaching you what I learn on a daily basis. Take my posts for what they are. Form your own opinion, comment if you agree, disagree, or just like it. I still consider myself pretty young and have a lot to learn in this life. I love to see other peoples’ perspectives, and am open to what everyone has to say. I remember taking a program called Landmark Forum years ago. I don’t think I was in the right mindset at the time, and it felt like a waste of time and money for me. However, the only thing I do remember which was worth the $500 was, “there are things that we know we know, there are things that we know that we don’t know, and there are things that we don’t know, we don’t know”. Think about it.

Shameen

No comments:

Post a Comment