Easy paprika carrots

I came home the other night and the only fresh vegetable I had on hand was a bag of carrots. I could have eaten them raw, but that was not that enticing, especially at dinner time, so I decided to make something up on the spot. 

I have a lot of nice sounding spices in my cabinet, but to be quite honest, sometimes I don't know what to do with them and it comes down to trial and error when making meals. My goal in creating this recipe was to keep it simple

You can roast most veggies with olive oil, salt and pepper and it will taste delicious. I took this recipe to another level and added garlic (pre-grated) and hot smoked paprika to the mix. After 30 minutes, they came out beautifully cooked and absolutely flavourful. 





Supplies
Knife, cutting board, parchment paper, aluminum foil, baking sheet

Total bake time: 30 mins

Ingredients
  • 8-10 carrot stalks (organic preferred), chopped in medium size chunks
  • 1-2 tbs olive oil
  • 1-2 tbs crushed garlic
  • 1 tbs hot smoked paprika
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Wash and chop carrots (I didn't bother peeling since I used organic). 
  3. Transfer carrots to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
  4. Drizzle olive oil over carrots. Add garlic, paprika, salt and pepper to carrots and mix with spoon (or by hands) so that carrots are covered.
  5. Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
  6. After 20 minutes, remove aluminum foil and check if carrots are soft by sticking a knife or fork through. If soft, bake uncovered for another 10 minutes so the outside can crispen up a bit.
  7. Remove and serve with your favourite protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment